Employee Terms & Conditions
By participating in a Wider Tech scheme, you signify your acceptance of the prevailing Terms and Conditions as displayed at www.widertech.com.
1. Definitions and interpretation
1.1. The following terms are defined:
- "We", "us" and "our" means Wider Plan Ltd, a company registered in England with company registration number 5207145. Our registered address is 11 – 16 Chestnut Court, Jill Lane, Sambourne, B96 6EW.
- "Wider Tech" is the name of the brand through which we provide employers with access to home technology schemes for their employees.
- "You" and "your" means the user who is entering into this agreement in order to access their employer’s Wider Tech scheme.
- “Salary Deduction Agreement” means a variation to an employee’s employment contract whereby net pay is reduced in return for a Wider Tech voucher.
1.2. The headings to clauses are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these terms.
1.3. Unless otherwise stated,
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- The words “includes” and “including”, and variations thereof, are each without limitation.
2. Using Wider Tech
2.1. By providing a Wider Tech scheme, your employer is offering you the option of accessing home technology items via a salary deduction agreement, subject to your eligibility and your employer’s approval.
2.2. Your employer will provide you with an access code to allow you to access the Wider Tech portal. You must take reasonable care to keep the access code secure.
2.3. It is your responsibility to read your employer’s Wider Tech scheme rules before deciding whether to participate in the scheme.
2.4. If you elect to participate in the scheme you will agree to a salary deduction agreement in exchange for your Wider Tech voucher which in turn can be exchanged for selected retailer vouchers to access permitted technology items on the terms detailed in the salary deduction agreement.
2.5. Your salary deduction agreement, together with your employer’s scheme rules, will specify how and when you may change or cancel your order or leave your employer’s Wider Tech scheme.
2.6. When you and your employer have signed or otherwise accepted the salary deduction agreement, and your employer has approved the order, your voucher will be delivered in accordance with our fulfilment partner’s arrangements, as communicated to you at the time of ordering.
3. Use of the Wider Tech website
3.1. Your account should not be used by any other person except where this is specifically indicated on the site. You must not use the site for any business purposes or on behalf of any commercial entity except where duly authorised on behalf of your employer.
3.2. Use of the website should be for lawful purposes only. The site must not be used for any attempt, successful or otherwise, to:
- Publish, promote, send or receive any material which could be deemed harmful, offensive or illegal.
- Collect or distribute any personal data about other users.
- Upload any files that could cause damage to the site or to another’s computer.
- Participate in any fraudulent activities.
- Copy or exploit any aspect of Wider Tech for any personal or commercial purpose.
3.3. You must not attempt to interfere with the workings of Wider Tech in any way.
3.4. You must not attempt to bypass any security measures which we may use to restrict or prevent access to Wider Tech.
3.5. You must not use any scraper, robot, spider or any other automated means to access Wider Tech for any purpose, other than for search engine indexing.
3.6. All information and images on Wider Tech are the property of Wider Plan Ltd or participating suppliers. You must not copy or alter any of the site content without permission
4. Purchasing products from suppliers
4.1. For your convenience, Wider Tech contains links to supplier websites. It must be understood that supplier websites are not controlled by us and therefore we cannot be held responsible for their content or actions.
4.3. Suppliers may apply their own Terms and Conditions to the use of their websites or to their offers. You should read the terms on the supplier’s website, as well as any terms which relate to any relevant offer, before purchasing any product or service from the supplier, as your contract for the product or service will be between you and the supplier, not between you and us.
4.4. It is your responsibility to evaluate the supplier before purchasing from them. The information displayed on Wider Tech in respect of any supplier is provided in good faith for your convenience. The inclusion of any offer, product, service, link or other information on our site does not imply that we endorse or recommend it.
4.5. We are not responsible for any aspect of a supplier’s service. If you are not satisfied with the product or service provided by a supplier, you will need to raise your complaint directly with the supplier. However, we will welcome your feedback about any supplier.
5. Payments and refunds
5.1. If you choose to purchase a product or service from a supplier, any matters relating to payments and refunds are to be agreed between you and the supplier.
6. Our rights
6.1. We reserve the right to modify Wider Tech and to change or remove offers and suppliers at any time and we are under no obligation to notify you of these changes.
6.2. We reserve the right to discontinue the service without notice if your employer ceases to have access rights.
7. Our liability
7.1. We shall bear no liability in respect of any loss arising to you as a result of:
- legislative change;
- the actions of your employer;
- any loss of or reduction in statutory benefits or employee benefits received by you as a result of using Wider Tech;
- any tax charge arising in respect of Wider Tech;
- the quality or appropriateness of any items selected by you through Wider Tech;
- your selected retailer entering administration or otherwise declining to honour or refund the value of your voucher;
- any aspect of a supplier’s service;
- any computer or internet failures that you experience while using Wider Tech;
- any other area of liability which is specified as being limited or excluded in your employer’s scheme rules or in your salary deduction agreement.
7.2. We endeavour to ensure that the site is accurate and up-to-date and we regularly contact suppliers to confirm the validity of offers. However, suppliers may fail to notify us of changes and this may lead to information on the site being inaccurate. We will not be liable for any decision that you make based on offer details provided by us or by a supplier. If you become aware that any information on the site is inaccurate, we ask that you notify us and we will take appropriate action.
7.3. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Wider Tech runs smoothly. However, we do not warrant that your use of this site will always be uninterrupted or error free.
7.4. While we take all reasonable precautions, we cannot guarantee that the site or its server is free of viruses and we will not be liable for any software damage or data loss resulting from your use of the site.
7.5. If an offer is exceptionally popular and Wider Tech experiences a high volume of internet traffic, you may experience a slower service or site failure. We will not be liable for any losses or missed opportunities arising from you being unable to take advantage of an offer.
7.6. To the fullest extent permitted in law, we shall bear no liability for claims, demands, losses, costs, legal expenses, illness, injury, death, or liability of any kind whatsoever unless caused directly by us or by our negligence. To the fullest extent permitted in law, our liability shall be limited to the value of your Wider Tech order.
7.7. We shall bear no liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising from your use of Wider Tech, howsoever caused.
7.8. Any claims must be formally notified to us in writing within one year of the cause of the claim.
8. Data protection
8.1. Data protection terminology used in this agreement should be interpreted as having the same meaning as in the prevailing Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations.
8.2. Wider Plan is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller.
8.3. Your employer is acting with us as a Joint Data Controller for the limited purpose of providing you with access to home technology in line with HMRC guidelines.
9. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
9.1. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. We will notify you of any significant change by email in the event that you are known by us to have an active salary deduction agreement in place in respect of Wider Tech at the time of the amendment. Your further use of Wider Tech will signify your agreement to the amended Terms and Conditions.
10. Sanctions and termination
10.1. We reserve the right to deny you access to the site without prior notification if we feel that there is a legitimate reason, including without limitation:
- your actual or suspected misuse of Wider Tech, or
- your actual or suspected violation of these terms, or
- any actual or suspected breach of security, or
- any actual or suspected criminal activity.
10.2. We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities, police enquiry or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone involved in suspected criminal activity.
10.3. If Wider Tech has been made available to you by your employer you will cease to be eligible to place further orders through Wider Tech if you cease to work for that employer. You must notify us within 30 days if you have an active salary deduction agreement in place but are no longer eligible to use the site.
11. Complaints and feedback
11.1. We welcome all feedback and suggestions. Should you wish to provide feedback or to raise a complaint our contact details can be found on the Wider Tech website. A copy of our complaints policy is available on request.
12. Force Majeure
12.1. Neither party shall be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control, including without limitation:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident;
- War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition;
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
13.1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes which arise in connection with these Terms.
13.2. If the English courts find any provision of this agreement to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.